Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stoneham World cup, Calgary prep camp and Snowsport GB


I just competed in my last world cup before the Olympics. I finished in 13th which I wasn’t very happy with as a result, but as 5 girls had been stretchered off the course due to injury – including Tanja Frieden the current Olympic gold medallist – The thing I was most happy about at this competition was that I got through it injury free. To be honest I don’t think I was riding as hard as I usually would just because the last thing I want to do now is get injured 3 weeks before the Olympics.

I am flying out today to go to Calgary where I am staying for a week at the British Olympic Association (BOA) preparation camp to hopefully get some good training in.

You may have read some articles in the newspapers and on websites about Snowsport GB possibly going into administration and that affecting if any of the GB skiers and snowboarders will be able to compete in Vancouver, because athletes need to be representing a national federation to compete in the Olympics. I know the BOA are fully aware of the situation and are putting things into place in case the worst should happen to allow all the selected athletes to compete. The BOA have been very helpful with my entire programme throughout the problems which have been going on since last April and I have complete confidence in them. I would like to say a massive thank you to the BOA by the way, because I wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for the help they have given me over the past 12 months.

In regards to the entire funding situation with Snowsport GB and everything, I am not using it as an excuse, there is nothing I can do to change it so I am focussing 100% on using everything I have left to do the best I can in Vancouver.

Zoe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope to see you on tv again soon.

Paul said...

Good luck Zoe, I know you'll go for it big style, here's hoping that everything works out for you.

Paul

Mike S said...

Hey
Was willing you down the slope. Well done, you did team GB proud, I am sure you are dissapointed not to be in the final. It was so exciting to watch. I have been boarding for 10 years and don't know how you even made it down the run in those conditions especially the last jump, it looked massive!
Good luck with your future career, keep at it!
Cheers
Mike

Paul said...

Well said Mike, what a fantastic effort and you looked so solid, on a nightmare of a course!!

Pity about the small final but I'm guessing you were injured....that foot again? you've really gained lots of fans and I'm sure your sponsors will get lots more publicity as will you.

Well done Zoe, BRILLIANT EFFORT.

Paul